One of many well-liked Filipino hen dishes is the Hen Afritada, most likely subsequent to Chicken Tinola.
Hen Afritada is a saucy hen stew with greens, akin to potatoes and carrots. Onions are added final as a result of we don’t need them to be overly cooked. The delicate sweetness of onions and inexperienced peas mixed with the savory taste of the remainder of the elements make Hen Afritada a well-liked dish amongst Filipinos.
Hen Afritada Recipe
You will have:
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and reduce into cubes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 medium-size crimson tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 kilo hen, any most popular elements, reduce into serving dimension
- salt and pepper to style
- 2 tbsp patis (fish sauce)
- 1 hen bouillon dice
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup inexperienced peas
- 1 crimson bell pepper, chopped
- 3 medium-size onions, reduce into cubes.
How one can put together:
- Warmth oil in a skillet over medium warmth. Fry the potatoes till nearly brown. Put aside.
- In the identical skillet, sauté garlic, and tomatoes. Add hen. Season with salt and pepper to style. Prepare dinner till half brown turning over sometimes.
- Add water, patis, and bouillon cubes and produce to a boil. Flip down warmth to low and simmer till hen is cooked.
- Add the inexperienced peas. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the fried potatoes, bell pepper, and onion. Simmer till all elements are cooked.
- Serve with rice.