I used to hate liver once I was a toddler, however my lola insisted for me to eat liver as a result of she stated it’s wealthy in Iron. I used to be anemic, and I wasn’t keen on iron-rich greens reminiscent of ampalaya and malunggay. So, to ensure that my lola to make me eat liver, she cooked Pork Liver Steak which has a taste much like bistek (native model of beef steak).
These days, this recipe is one in every of my favorites. Even my buddies who don’t like liver tasted this dish and agreed that it’s actually good.
How one can do it? Right here’s a fast and simple recipe for you:
- Pork Liver Steak (Bistek Fashion) Recipe
- 1/4 kilo pork liver, thinly sliced
- 3 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to style
- 6 medium-sized calamansi, juiced
- 1 giant onion, sliced into rings
- 1 giant potato, unpeeled and slice
How one can put together:
- Place the liver right into a bowl. Add soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, calamansi juice, salt, and pepper Marinate within the fridge for not less than 1 hour, ideally in a single day.
- Add oil and butter in a sizzling skillet over excessive warmth. Panfry one facet of the liver for about 2 minutes (time varies relying on the thickness). Flip it over to panfry the opposite facet for one more 2 minutes. Place on a plate and put aside. Professional tip: Liver tastes higher if cooked uncommon to medium-rare as a result of it retains the juices. Over-cooking makes the meat robust and dry.
- In the identical skillet, add some oil. Fry the potato chips till cooked. The drippings from the liver will give taste to the potatoes. Sprinkle some salt and pepper. As soon as accomplished, place the chips on high of the liver.
- Nonetheless within the the identical skillet, fry the onions for a couple of minutes. Place the onion rings on high of the liver.
- Nonetheless in the identical skillet, pour the left-over marinade and simmer. Gently scrape the bits of liver off the underside of the pan. Style and season as wanted. Then pour the sauce on high of the liver.
- Serve with rice.