My lola hated squid. Until if it’s Daing na Pusit (sundried squid). She wasn’t allergic to squid or something. She simply didn’t prefer it. However we appreciated it so she would nonetheless cooked Adobong Pusit for us at any time when there’s an opportunity.
The little ones are the perfect as a result of they’re younger which suggests the flesh isn’t robust but and there’s a touch of fresh-seafood sweetness.
Right here’s the recipe on how my lola cooked it:
You will have:
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium-size onion, chopped
- 1/2 kilo pusit (squid), cleaned
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp patis (fish sauce)
- pepper to style
How you can put together:
- Add oil in a skillet over medium warmth. Sauté garlic and onion.
- Add cleaned squids. Sauté for about 10-Quarter-hour.
- Add patis, pepper, water, and vinegar. Don’t stir. Decrease the warmth and simmer for about Quarter-hour or till squid is completed. Professional tip: Don’t overcook the squid. The meat can get robust.
- Serve with steamed rice.
Professional tip: How you can inform if squid is recent? The pores and skin must be shiny and patters nonetheless intact (generally nonetheless transferring), in addition to the physique components. Earlier than cooking, take away the cartilage inside (it’s a strand of skinny clear plastic-like like membrane that works just like the spine of squids) and the sharp tooth of their mouth proper in the course of their tentacles. Simply push them out like a toothpaste they usually’ll come proper off simply.