It’s the Lenten season, however I can barely really feel the summer time warmth. Most of us are most likely heading to the seaside or making different plans on easy methods to spend their summer time trip. But, there are nonetheless some individuals who contemplate observing the Holy Week in a extra conventional method. My household just isn’t Catholic, however I studied in a Catholic faculty from kindergarten to highschool so I’m not fully ignorant on Catholic traditions.
Catholic or not, it doesn’t matter. I’m positive you’ll get pleasure from our recipe in the present day. It’s known as Bean Sprouts Stir Fry or in vernacular, Ginisang Togue. I like this with pork, therefore the image, however for individuals who will observe a no-meat weight loss plan in the course of the season, or maybe you’re a vegetarian, merely take away the meat from the record of substances. Apart from, it has bean curd or tofu as an alternative. Both method, it’s equally satisfying as a predominant dish or a facet.
Ginisang Togue (Bean Sprouts Stir Fry) Recipe
You have to:
- 4 tbsp cooking oil
- 2-3 blocks tokwa (bean curd or tofu)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 1 medium-sized tomato, chopped
- 1/4 kilo pork, cubed (optionally available)
- 1 medium-sized carrot, julienned
- 100 grams inexperienced beans, julienned
- 1/2 kilo togue (bean sprouts), washed
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- salt, pepper, and vetsin (MSG) to style
- 1 cup water
- In a skillet over medium warmth, fry bean curd in sizzling oil till crispy brown. Take away from warmth, drain extra oil in paper towel. Minimize into cubes. Put aside.
- Scale back oil from the skillet leaving about 1 tbsp. (If not including pork, proceed on step 3.) Fry pork till medium brown. Set alongside the facet of the skillet creating some house within the center.
- Sauté garlic, onion, and tomato. Stir in pork. Add carrots and inexperienced beans. Stir fry for about 5 minutes.
- Add water. Season with soy sauce, salt, pepper, and vetsin. Simmer for one more 5 minutes.
- Add bean sprouts. Simmer whereas stirring often till the liquid is sort of dry and the greens are cooked. Bean sprouts prepare dinner quick. This is able to take about 5 minutes.
- Add the fried bean curd. Add extra salt and/or pepper if wanted.
- Serve with rice or as a vegetable facet dish.