So, in the present day is a big day as a result of I’m supplying you with one other private favourite — Filipino Rooster Curry.
I like my Rooster Curry scorching and spicy as a result of I feel that’s how curry dishes are imagined to be. However then once more, some folks choose it delicate, so it actually is dependent upon how a lot warmth your style buds can take. When you don’t need it too fiery, particularly if you’re serving it to children, take it straightforward on the curry powder and the chilies. In fact, it’s possible you’ll must scrap the chilies altogether.
Moreover, I choose the ginger grated as a result of it produces higher taste as soon as included with the remainder of the substances. I additionally like including the bell peppers on the final half as a result of I need to retain its crunch.
There! Sufficient of the chitchat. Right here’s the recipe for Rooster Curry:
Filipino Rooster Curry Recipe
You will want:
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 giant-sized potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 tbsp ginger, peeled and grated
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 medium sized onions, chopped
- 3 medium sized tomatoes, chopped
- 1 kilo hen, lower into serving sizes
- 4-5 tbsp yellow curry powder
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups evaporated milk or coconut milk
- 2 giant-sized carrots, peeled and cubed
- 3 medium-sized purple and/or inexperienced bell peppers, chopped
- 2 tbsp patis (fish sauce)
- pepper and salt to style
- 1 tspn paprika
- chili powder or chili flakes (optionally available, should you choose it scorching and spicy)
The best way to put together:
- Warmth oil in a big wok. Fry the potatoes till partially brown. Put aside.
- In the identical wok (add some extra oil if mandatory), sauté garlic, ginger, onion, tomatoes, and the hen items. Season with salt and pepper. Cook dinner till there’s a touch of brown on the meat.
- Add the curry powder and sugar. Cook dinner for two-3 minutes.
- Add water and patis and convey to a boil. Flip down the warmth. Simmer for about 15-20 minutes whereas stirring often.
- Add the carrots and coconut milk. Simmer for one more 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining substances: bell peppers, potatoes, paprika, and chilies. Simmer for one more 10 minutes. Style take a look at to test if it wants extra seasoning.
- Serve with rice.