Making gravies on your fried meals shouldn’t be as onerous because it appears.
Keep in mind the rooster inventory and pork inventory from our earlier recipes? If in case you have stored these, you may make a really scrumptious gravy on your fried dishes. It’s also possible to use the gravy as a topping on your rice or mashed potatoes.
You have to:
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour (or 1 1/2 tbsp of corn starch diluted in water)
- 1 slice of bacon (elective)
- 1 cup meat inventory
- salt and pepper to style
Tips on how to put together:
- If utilizing bacon: in a saucepan, fry the bacon till a lot of the fats has rendered. Take away bacon, finely chop, and put aside.
- In the identical saucepan, soften butter. Make a roux by including the flour. Utilizing a wire whisk, combine till the combination is well-blended. (In the event you’re utilizing corn starch, combine the water-diluted corn starch with the meat inventory and convey to a boil)
- Pour the inventory into the saucepan and simmer whereas continually whisking till it reaches desired thickness.
- Season with salt and pepper in keeping with private style.
- Garnish with bacon bits. Serve together with your favourite fried chicken or pork.
- In the event you don’t have shares obtainable, you’ll be able to immediately make one for your self. Simply dilute 1 rooster or beef bouillon dice in 2 cups of sizzling water.
- The gravy normally thickens additional because it cools after removing from warmth.