Menudo is a well-liked Filipino pork dish. It’s normally served throughout events and festivals. Menudo recipes are available many variations – some add scorching canine slices, raisins, cucumber chunks, and even different spices to boost the umami of this pork and tomato stew. Each home, metropolis or province can have its personal model!
Watch out to not overcook greens like potatoes and carrots. This step might be simply ignored and you could find yourself with greens which are too delicate or mushy. Do not forget to serve this festive dish with loads of rice! You want it to take in all of the scrumptious sauce that comes with each scoop.
Pork Menudo Elements :
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 kg pork 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 2 to three dried bay leaves
- 1/4 kg pork liver
- 1 cup potatoes, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- salt, to style
How you can prepare dinner pork menudo
- In a frying pan, fry garlic and onion in oil.
- Add pork. Boil for five minutes.
- Pour within the soy sauce, sugar, ketchup, and water, then add the bay leaves. Simmer for half-hour or till pork is tender.
- Add the liver and prepare dinner for five minutes.
- Add potatoes, carrots, and season with salt and pepper. Stir and prepare dinner for quarter-hour.